Thanks for visiting Wishful Chef!
My name is Barbie, I’m a Brooklyn-based graphic designer who is obsessed with anything food related. I originally started this blog to connect to other food lovers out there and to showcase the dishes I would serve on my menu if I were a Chef.
Feel free to reach out to me directly or leave a comment on one of my posts. Comments are always appreciated and I try to respond to most of them.
Me and My Cooking
I am Filipino. Born in Philadelphia, USA. Married to a German. We’ve lived in San Diego and Los Angeles. Now we’re back East in New York City…Brooklyn to be exact and I’m loving it here. I have no formal training in cooking, but these places are my influences.
Rarely do I say no to a certain type of food or cuisine. I love trying new foods and believe it is the best way to learn about different cultures. When I travel, I pretty much eat everything! At home I try to prepare some of these dishes with my own twist.
My recipes are simple using high quality, fresh ingredients whenever possible. I’m not vegetarian, however, I try to cook healthy dishes with a focus on whole grains and vegetables. In some of my recipes, I treat meat like a garnish but I do cook an occasional steak or burger.
Some Popular Posts to Get Started – Or View the Recipe Index
- Chickpea Kale Salad – Flavored with Lemon and Garlic
- Oven Baked Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries
- Coconut Shrimp Curry with Peas and Potatoes
- Green Smoothie – Blueberry Celery Smoothie with Coconut Water
- Healthy Banana Muffins with Yogurt, Pecans and Chocolate Chips
Connect With Me!
- Email – all emails are appreciated, please use: wishfulchef [at] gmail [dot] com
- Feedback Form – click here to submit feedback
- Facebook – check out my FB page and “like” Wishful Chef to keep in touch
- Twitter – follow @WishfulChef for recipe updates and other food related tweets
- Pinterest – for my favorite pins check out my pinterest boards
- Newsletter – if you enjoy my posts, please sign up for my free email newsletter to receive the latest recipes in your inbox
Recent Press and Awards
- Recipe contributor on Gojee and SheKnows
- Chickpea Kale Salad featured on best summar salads on Bon Appetit
- Italian Crostini and Banana Apple Green Smoothie featured on TheKitchn
- Raspberry Champagne Cocktail featured on Martha Steward Weddings
- Mini Nutella Whipped Pudding Pies featured on Food Network
- Blueberry Celery Smoothie featured on Women’s Health