Need ideas for last minute holiday treats? Look no further! Many of us are heading over to a potluck-style party where you’re asked to bring a dessert. From vegan cookies to chocolatey delights, here are some sweet and tasty recipes to serve for the holidays.
Holiday Treats Roundup 2011
- Hazelnut Cookies Made with Whole Wheat Flour and Nutella – My favorite cookie to eat during the holidays! A delicate chocolate hazelnut delight, you can’t eat just one.
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Walnut Brownies with Soy Flour – Looking for a quick chocolate fix? This is the perfect chocolate brownie that’s also healthy and low in carbs!
- Healthy Banana Muffins with Yogurt, Pecans and Chocolate Chips – Comforting chocolate chip muffins with the warmth and flavor of bananas and whole wheat flour.
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Cookies – Made from Leftover Almond Milk Pulp – A chocolate lovers dream, it’s sweet and chewy with a dusting of snowy powdered sugar. Serve these with a tall glass of homemade almond milk.
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies with Coconut – Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? These are healthy, chewy and made with whole wheat flour.
- Frozen Berry Cobbler with Whole Wheat Flour and Coconut Oil – Don’t have a lot of time? Try making a cobbler using frozen fruit. With a tangy and sweet berry topping and a golden cakey crust, this cobbler recipe is quick and delicious.
- Sugar-Free Banana Bread with Whole Wheat Flour, Sweetened with Dates – A banana bread that’s sure to please. Plus, it’s sugar-free! Serve warm with a healthy side of chai tea.
- Spicy Nutella Hot Chocolate – If you haven’t tried Nutella before, let this be your first. This 5-minute hot chocolate recipe with a kick will keep you warm on a cold winter night.
- Rum Hot (or Cold) Chocolate with Honey – Spiced with Cinnamon and Vanilla – The ‘adult’ hot chocolate. Serve after hours while the kids are fast asleep!